8.21.2008

new england trip - part II

This is a lot of work...even though I only had my phone to take pics with....i still took too many!! Arghhhh bare with me...this is going to take a while...I am only posting most of them on here for a documentation of our memories! You don't have to look at them all, I just want to create an online yearbook! :) tee hee....I know some can be boring!! :)

Ok...so after leaving Connecticut we took a ferry over to Long Island and stayed there for a couple of days! We visited the Hampton's, Fire Island and more!! Check it out! :)

It was the craziest thing I have ever seen, we drove our car up onto this huge boat and parked it in there like sardines! There must have been hundreds of cars! it was fun! haha!

It was 5 o'clock somewhere... :) maybe China?

Heath and Norma smiling as we take the Ferry to Long Island..

Enjoying the view from the boat

Once we got to Long Island we drove directly to Greenport to do some shopping and get something to eat! It was a cute little downtown!

This is after taking Dramamine and having a beer...I was feeling pretty loopy....

Eating at the dock of Greenport

Next stop...the Hampton's! We stopped in South Hampton for a look!

I was craving Ice Cream so we got some Maddy Moo's in down town South Hampton, this place was packed with fancy cars and really fancy shops...interesting people

We walked around and saw this War memorial so decided to go check it out...The Hampton's are sooo clean!

This bench was so perfect! Overlooked the lake!

We drove around some more and tried to check out the houses but they are all surrounded by tall hedges...like Beverly Hills...some of the houses we did get to see were un-freaking-believable...I want to know what all of those people do for a living!

The next day we headed to Fire Island. I had heard from a friend and read in a couple of books that it had the most amazing beaches in the world....so we took a small ferry down to Fire Island off of Long Island for a day of w-a-l-k-i-n-g!


There is the little island!


We arrived at Ocean Bay Park, and after looking at the map, we were going to walk about 4 miles and get on the ferry in Kismet to take back to Long Island...it didn't look like it would be a bad walk....well....it was INSANE! There was no direct path there...we had to zig-zag, walk through a mile of sand, get lost...etc...it was quite an adventure! Beautiful..but quite the experience...

We stopped here and had breakfast...gorgeous view! But since there are no vehicles on the island (it is not wide enough) everything is very expensive over there...you have to ferry everything over...our server told us the island pretty much shuts down for the winter...very few people live on it...but during the summer it is popular and thousands of people have vacation homes there...

The never ending zig-zagging paths we kept getting lost on, now I understand why no one really walks on the island, everyone has bikes! SMART! We felt like we were the ONLY tourists there, everyone else knew where they were going and had bikes...tee hee!

The beautiful beaches...it was hot out that day!

After about 5 hours of constant walking )through sand, dirt, you name it...we finally made it to Kismet...I wanted to get there earlier and hang out (it is supposed to be the best part of the island) but we were sooo exhausted we took the next ferry back to LI

Bye bye Fire Island! Its been fun!

Next and final stop....New York City!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails