First day at the beach in front of our hotel...I love those huts!

Heath was facinated with the Europeans...they were all going topless...I wasn't excited...haha
On the 2nd day there we decided to take a boat ride over to Isla Mujeras (Island of the Woman!). My friend Denyce recommended going over here as well as our concierge...we were in for a fun filled day...let me tell ya!

The storm was coming in...we thought we would be able to walk the island...no need to rent a golf cart....boy were we wrong..within 5 minutes of walking to the beaches it started POURING rain....so we flagged down one of the golf cart guys and told him to get us one...next thing I knew he had Heath on the back of his motorcycle and said he would 'be right back' haha
These pictures alone were worth the $40 rental fee....hahahahah
Heath could EAT that little man..
Bye honey! Not sure if I will ever see you again! ;)
Ahhh...under cover...in the golf cart on our way to explore the rest of the island!
We drove all the way to the other side of the island at the top speed of 15 mph...it was loads of fun when little cars were passing us and splashing water all over... :(
This is some famous lighthouse that we climbed up to the top in...
View from the top! Not sure if we were supposed to go up there...but oh well! ha
We were on the Eastern most part of Mexico...exciting! :)
There is our little golf cart...
There were iguanas everywhere...
We were gettin passed up by these guys all day long...
Little villages on the Island...so sad how these people have to live...
My view for most of the ride..the rain was blasting our faces...and that is sand on my toes :)
There were some pretty big mansions on the island...this one was shaped like seashells....Heath was driving too fast I couldn't get the whole thing...
Back into town...
My legs and jean shorts were SOAKED for hours.... :( NOT comfortable...
Bye bye Isla Mujeras...maybe we will come back again when there is NO chance of rain :)
The next night we went into downtown Cancun and stopped at this restaraunt where the crazy bartender was balancing like 12 glasses on his head!
I call Heath the cookie monster because he loooves cookies...so I made him pose for me :)
Iguanas were all over the hotel...so cool!
Our last day....this was the prettiest day too...of course...so we got some sun for a couple of hours and hung out at the pool bar...


Bye Cancun! It's been fun!! Happy 2 year anniversary honey!!Time has flown!
The view of the lovely congested LA...woo freaking hoo...so glad to be home to this :(




2 comments:
Isla Mujeres was amazing. John and I went to Cancun for part of our honeymoon. So glad you didn't take the bike tour though. We did and got separated from our group, lost on the island, all with no cash or ID because they said not to bring it. It was SOOO scary and bad. Not to mention it was about 110 degrees outside with 100% humidity. I'd take the rain over that in a heart beat!
Glad you guys had a good time besides the rain. I have always wanted to go to Cancun!!! So jealous you guys got to get away.
Post a Comment