11.25.2010

happy thanksgiving...

Today is Thanksgiving and it really is a time to reflect on all of the things you are thankful for.  There are some days where I just get so upset over something happening I have a hard time focusing on the things I should be grateful for.  The things I am thankful for definitely out-weigh the things that come and go day to day.  Whenever I think life can't possibly get worse for that second, I sit back and think of the millions of people that have it worse than me.  Everything from a family living on the streets, to a friend who lost her husband at a young age, or a parent who lost their child.  No matter what your situation, there is someone else out there who has it a little bit worse, and they are surviving and pushing on, just like you should.  Everything happens for a reason and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.  These are words I live by every day.  Here are a couple of things...today...I am thankful for...this list could honestly be a mile long....but today....right this second...these are the things that come to mind.

* My husband...see the post below...I can't say enough :)
* My amazing, beautiful, healthy, happy son



* My job...not only do I love love love it, I love the fact that I get to work from home so I can still raise my son and watch him grow


* My mom - she is my rock, the person I call when I am in need or want to share something great....I am thankful for the relationship we have built over the last 5 years...I love you more and more everyday mom.

* Our family and the immense support we receive from each and every one of them
* My 8 bestest friends - Heath, Adam, Janelle, Sonja, Erynn, Alicia, Denyce and Amber.  Most of you I talk to on a daily or weekly basis, some monthly or more...and most of you I see often.  I am so thankful for all of you.  I never thought I would have this many really, super duper close best friends...I thought 1 or 2 was perfect....but I couldn't imagine my life without each one of you being a huge part of it.  Most of you I have known for over 10 years and I thank God every single day for you.  Many of you, actually...all of you, have picked me up when I was down or helped me celebrate when things were really great.  I love you all to pieces and can't wait to grow old and wrinkled with each one of you :)



* My Mom's Group most of us 'met' while we were planning our weddings 4+ years ago and now all 24 of us have at least one, some two and some even three children of their own.  We even have 3 sets of twins and a great mix of ages.  I am thankful that whenever I have a questions or even just having 'one of those days' I can always rely on this amazing group of women.  We have had our trials and tribulations in our personal lives and its so great to see everyone come together in seconds to help each other out.  It is so much fun to watch our little ones grow together and I love that we always share things with each other first...sometimes even before we share them with family... (+ pg tests!) haha.


* And last...but certainly not least...my freedom! I am proud to be an American and am soooo thankful for the men and women who fight for our country every single day.



Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I really hope you all do take this day to think about all of the things you can be thankful for :)


Here are some pictures from our Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's side of the family :) 


We love our champagne...like mother like daughter



Nana just HAD to give Ty an early Christmas present :) he loves horsies...nnaaayyyy


ummm...Gramma?


Our Aunt Donna, Uncle John, cousins Kaelin and Brandon took us out for a birthday dinner....yummmm thanks guys :) Love you! :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails