3.23.2011

denyce, st. patty's and more all rolled into one week!

Last week was a fun, busy week.  One of my best friends Denyce came to town to spend 5 whole days with us!  We had SUCH a blast.  I think we stayed up until at least 2:00 am every night just talking!  I haven't done that in years!  She is that friend who is always happy, never, ever down and can brighten ANY room and ANYONE'S day.  She is my breath of fresh air.  :)  Whenever I am feeling down or need a little pick me up....she is the one I call.  She has such a positive outlook on life and everything, I just LOVE her....we often get mistaken for sisters...and we always just say 'yup!' because she is like one :)  But I always have to correct people and remind them she is the OLDER sister...by 7 years! :) lol, sorry D...You don't look a day over 25!.We just had an ultimate blast while she was here and Tyler couldn't get enough of Aunt Dee Dee.  He loved her!  How could you not?!  Of course I didn't take many pics...well because we were having too much fun...the most pictures I took were at the ducks game, in the post below :)  


Bubbles!





Not the best pic...but this sums up our whole week :)  that blurry thing is little T gettin' tossed around by Auntie D..



Then we had St. Patrick's Day!  This is my lame attempt at taking care of a child who didn't nap...











We headed over to a new park...and played for what seemed like hours!






 




The next night we went to The Great Park to check out the balloon and other things...this place is going to be AMAZING....in about 20 years when its done...haha.  It is going to be the biggest Metropolitan Park in the US...bigger than Central Park.  We watched a video of it online and then once we got there one of the staff told us all about it...I can't wait to play there one day...with my grandchildren! haha :)  It's going to be amazing :)  For now they have a free HUGE balloon that goes 400 feet high and holds 25-30 people and the Carousel from Fashion Island...and both are completely FREE to ride!  We can't wait to watch this place grow.







This was my ride..Betsy :)




The Big Orange Balloon...it was WAY too cold to ride it...next time we will come during the day :)


They also have a little kids play area


This was the funniest moment ever...so T was driving around his little quad then said 'wait mommy' gets up, finds his phone, and says 'otay! herr we go!' sits down and starts driving and says 'hewwoo' and has a full on conversation while he is driving...proceeds to run head on into the bushes...oh dear...where does he learn this stuff? haha ;)



see a pattern here?  Gotta keep this kid busy so he naps!


And a little playtime in between!  This thing was the best investment...I hide it for a couple of days, to bring back the excitement and when I pull it out, it gives me at least 20 minutes of quiet time :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails