2.09.2012

full marathon?? what??

So as many of you who follow my blog or know us...Heath started this 'running' half-marathon thing because of my best friend Erynn's late husband, Patrick...they trained together and Patrick died 3 weeks before their first half-marathon together...Heath has kept up the tradition and ran in his 4th Huntington Beach one...but this year he decided to go all out...cross something off of his bucket list and run the FULL marathon...26.2 miles...he is crazy.  Every year I get excited to see what he puts on his bib because it's always something related to Patrick...and he never tells me until I see it...see pics from the past ones here {first year}, here {More pics from first year}, here {second year}, here {more second year} and here {third year}.

I cried at home this year because I couldn't go (37 weeks pregnant on the verge of bed rest didn't mix with walking miles around Huntington Beach with a 2.5 year old newly pottery trained boy...so I followed his stats all day from home :)  and cried when I saw he finished...the FULL marathon in under 4 hours (his goal).  He was hurting for sure...says he has never felt the pain he felt that day...but is so glad he did it...I have a feeling it will be his first and last full though! :)  Love him :)


this is the screen I watched for hours...waiting for updates and crying everytime I saw one :)


The photographers must have liked him...these are only half of the pics they took! :)











Heath and his brother Matt...so proud of Matt! He decided to run the half marathon a week before and did awesome!  2:15!  Great job boys!


Heath, Matt and Bill!


Thank you Kim for the pictures :)

Tyler holding the sign up for dada when he came home...wearing his marathon shirt :)



I had this bath waiting for him...he hobbled into the house...poor guy :)


Here are his stats...

Overall:682 out of 2413
Men:523 out of 1519
M 35-39:90 out of 234
Age/Grade:52.88% Place: 1176
Finish:3:56:31 Pace: 9:02
Tag Time:3:56:31


3 Mi:23:50 Pace: 7:57
6 Mi:47:33 Pace: 7:56
12.2 Mi:1:38:31 Pace: 8:05
20.9 Mi:2:56:58 Pace: 8:28



SO PROUD! :)

2 comments:

Shelley said...

What an amazing accomplishment. So proud!

Anonymous said...

Go Heath!!! This is so great!!!
Miriam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails