2.06.2010

proud...

That is one word to describe me this week. I am so proud of my amazing husband. He may not be the most affectionate man (according to me...the most affectionate person in the world), but he has his own unique ways of showing he cares, has a heart of gold and loves us with every ounce of it. So a year ago Heath ran in the Surf City Half marathon...see the story behind the run here and more pics here.
Well...he is doing it again, in his ripe old age of 34...he is in 110% better shape than his 28 year old wife and I envy him everyday for it. I made a goal to run the half marathon WITH him in 2012...yeah yeah I know...why so far away....well #1...I need that long to convince myself running is ok #2 I might have a kid in between now and then...might....and #3 I need THAT long to train myself to run 13.1 whopping miles.
He is running this again tomorrow and I couldn't be more proud...last year wasn't easy and he ran it by himself after everything...which made me a happy wife. This year he is back at it. Tonight while I was reading Tyler a story before bedtime I look out his door and notice Heath in the hallway looking at this...
(its a HUGE shadow box I had made for him after the race last year that now hangs by our stairs)

Tugged on my heart strings just a little....well....then I walk into our bedroom to find him getting all of his gear ready for tomorrow and I look on the bed and see this


Check out what he had them put on the bib under the number 'Run for PR'. My mouth dropped and I looked up at him and smiled. I have to remind myself that my husband has his own ways of showing his feelings...they may be different than my never ending hugs every.single.day. the second he walks in the door and never letting him leave without a kiss and an 'i love you' even if he is running across the street for some milk. I appreciate him as a husband, father and best friend more and more each day. Thank you for being my number 1 fan H...I couldn't do this without you. Run your heart out tomorrow...me and little T will be at the finish line cheering you on....xoxo

4 comments:

The Hunnicutts said...

Go Heath!

Dabalack Family said...

Go Heath!!, Darin was bragging that he is going wiht you next year. Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment!! May you guys have a fantastic day!! M - I think 2012 is a great goal!!Go For It!! Love you guys!! S

Jen said...

Heath is a great guy... you are both so lucky to have each other. Tyler is lucky to have both of you. Love you all.

MrsKBJ said...

What a great tradition! I remember reading about the race last year on Erynn's blog. Go Heath!! I live in Ohio we have the air force marathon near us (my husband is in the af) and I really should at least do the 5K! I am not a big runner, but it would be such a great feeling to be a part of it. :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails