The second weekend in July we headed out to the good ole' Colorado River...it's been a while since we have been there...2 years about to be exact...wow that is a long time....this time we had a special reason to head out in the 120 degree heat....it was our cousin Brandon's 25th birthday...wow 25...quarter of a century...it was a BIG one...lol. We had a great time with all 20 of his friends and our family. I am bummed I forgot to take pictures on the 2nd day there...we headed out to Pirate's Cove and hung out there the whole day...too bad it was soooo HOT, we are going to go back again soon, hopefully it is cooler! :)

our driver
Tyler and Amanda...
We made it to the house! Isn't the view from it amazing?? Oh I could live there (if it wasn't so HOT!)
Drunk Joel was trying to entertain Tyler...you can see how entertained he is...

Aunt Donna cooking away in the motorhome
The birthday boy and myself
Miss Debbie
Just before Tyler fell and hit his head on the tile
Seconds after...see the bump on his head..the first one...of many I am sure...
Dad and T enjoying the view
'Bags' we played a very long tournament...and hmm out of the 20 some people there...I am proud to say me and Dan...we took home the trophy...who would have thought I was such a good bags player...must have been all of those sorority days. And to think Dan didn't want me on his team because I was a 'mom' and how could a 'mom' possibly be good at drinking games....ugh. ;)
Then we played good ole' beer pong :)
The next day we headed out on the boat
He was the captain of our boat
Almost to Pirates Cove, where we spent the whole day..,
Pirates Cove + 120 degree weather = 1st day EVER Tyler did not have ONE nap...
We figured he would pass out FOR SURE on the way back on the boat...well...that he did...passed out hard...the second we got back to the house...wide awake...so I put him in his crib around 6 hoping he would just go to sleep for the night...this is him about 8...STILL awake....I know it's kind of a creepy picture of the monitor...but it was hilarious...he was still standing up...
We had such a great time and can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks! :)




















1 comment:
Looks lke a fun trip! We play that bag game here in Ohio. I have never heard of it before we moved here. It's lots if fun. They call it corn hole here:)
Post a Comment