8.25.2010

proud parents...

So Tyler is ALMOST 15 months old and he has been a talker since oh about 3 months...no joke.  I have hundreds of videos to prove it.  From his Gymboree teachers to his doctor everyone has told us he talks more than your average one year old.  We love that about him, he has SUCH a personality and says so many words I can't even keep track.  The doctor asked us at our last visit if one of us was really smart in school, the husband pointed to me...ahh thanks hun :)  and told us he was a smart little guy.  He has been a little slow on the movement side though....didn't crawl until he was 12.5 months [which secretly I am okay with because I have I am germ-a-phobe and it kills me to see him touching the ground with his hands that later end up in his mouth].  I have read several places that the longer it takes kids to walk, the more coordinated they will be later on in life...who knows if its true, but we hope that is the case since daddy has big quarterback plans for this little man.  Coordination + Sports = good...right?  Well we will see.

Anyway, 5 days before the little man turned 15 months old he started walking!  It was a bitter sweet moment...bitter because my little baby isn't a baby any more and now I have a lot more chasing around to do, and sweet because, well its always great to see them hit those milestones.

Here he is in all his glory, and I love that we were with Grandma and Grandpa when he made his big debut...so awesome to be able to share these things with the Grandparents! :)  You will hear him say 'ball ball ball' over and over in the video because that was our incentive to get him to walk to us...haha






For those of you that have a late walker like me...don't worry....almost all articles I have read have said there is no benefit to walking early.  Here are some that can help you!  These aren't specifically the ones I have read but just to give you an idea.
http://www.parenting.com/article/Baby/Development/Ask-Dr-Sears-Late-Walker
http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=40282
http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,4508,00.html

4 comments:

The Hunnicutts said...

WAY TO GO TYLER! Be glad for a late walker. It makes their baby stage last longer. Carson walked at 9 1/2 months & he's seemed like such a big boy since. =(

Dabalack Family said...

Big "T" is on the move :) I love the videos and how he says ball..ball...ball. Although Daddy says quarterback, we may see a wide receiver in the making. :) Love ya!!

Life In Japan said...

Good Luck with the walking :) That is about the age Tessa was when she started to walk! And now she runs, jumps, trots, and gallops! How time flies

The Waltenburgs said...

lovin the vids! reid was an off the chart talker too. we were really proud & excited too... until we realized there was no going back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails