2.24.2012

brielle is born! *picture overload*

Well, it all started on Saturday night (the 18th of February).  We went to dinner with family and I was just 'feeling it'  I had been having contractions pretty steadily for a while, but not consistent....we went and ate dinner at the Orange Circle..a super yummy new italian restaurant called Francoli Gourmet.  Yumm...I was hoping the BIG pasta meal I had would put me into labor...no such luck..so I agreed to walk a couple of blocks to this amazing place called Bruxie for some dessert waffles! :)  If you are ever in Orange, I highly recommend both places! :)  So anyway...we got home around 8, put Tyler to bed and I went and sat in bed...around 8:45 it began!  The contractions...5 minutes apart, lasting for a minute...Sometimes they were even closer than 5 minutes apart...yippeee!! I told Heath I thought this was it...he took a shower and said he was going to go to sleep now and get as much as he could....I....on the other hand couldn't sleep, I tried...
So about 1:30am I woke him up and said it was time...we headed in, got monitored..and checked.  I was only dilated to 2cm, the day before at the doctors I was hardly a 1.  The nurse had me walk...the contractions were getting more painful but we walked the halls of L&D for 30 minutes...she checked me again..I was now 3cm!  Yay for progression! :)  She called the doctor on call and I was admitted into my ocean front room haha...phew! 
Fast froward to the early morning...we watched the sun rise....got zero sleep and just waited...and waited and waited...about 7:30am I was finally a 4 and they broke my water in hopes to make things move quicker.  I was also put on Pitocin (I hate this drug)....
I didn't reach 6cm until the early afternoon...I got my epidural...which ended up being way too strong and had a few fainting spells..the nurse saved me but I was seconds from completely passing out several times. Heath told me later he was actually getting a little worried because I was white as a ghost and didn't look right...it was horrible...so the doctor decreased my dosage from 10cc's an hour to 2...much better...I had a couple more close calls, but Heath continued to fan me :)  Around 3:30 I was finally 8 cm!  Yahooooo...the nurse said she was going to start getting the room ready for baby and told me to let her know when I felt pressure...not two minutes later I felt MAJOR pressure...I was checked again and already a 10!  My epidural had worn off and I felt her head had descended...the contractions were STRONG....I could completely move my legs and was in tons of pain...so the 'happy doctor' came back quick and gave me a shot to my back so i was comfortable before pushing...we were just waiting for the doctor to arrive and I was ready to push.
My doctor was out of town for the week and was coming home that night (of course).  So the Dr. on call came to deliver...at first I was bummed but he was great! He got there, at 3:50, I started pushing at 3:58 and Brielle was born at 4:01pm...two contraction pushes...AMAZING. :)  I even got to watch her through the mirror...kinda weird but kinda cool at the same time. 
So even though my 'labor' was long (15 hours) the hard part (pushing) was 3 whole minutes, 2 contractions...just like her brother! :)  She broke her brother's record :)
As soon as they put her up on my chest I just lost it...the tears were flowing and I just felt 'complete' I don't really know how to describe it but it was incredible.  I was so happy.  She was perfect...
She weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces...same as big brother and 19.5 inches.  
As many of you know, once you are in labor, you can't eat...so 15 hours later I was STARVING...I had been craving In-N-Out all day...as soon as Brielle was born, Brandon, Kaelin and Aunt Donna headed to In-N-Out for me and I sat in bed and chowed down on a double double!  It was amazing...I felt like I hadn't eaten in days.  Thanks guys! :)
We made it up to our room around 6, visitors were gone by 8 and we went to bed...Brielle slept sooo good...much different than our experience with T...we had a more pleasant hospital stay this time.  I did though, feel because we were 2nd time parents we didn't get as much nurse assistance, which was fine, but interesting.  The second night was a different story...B had major gas and was up all night...finally Heath convinced me to let the nurses take her to the nursery for 2 hours so we could sleep...I cried so hard..he told me it was fine and there were tons of babies in there...I didn't care I wanted her with me...but agreed.  Heath said he would lay with me, so he crawled into my little hospital bed and we slept.hard.for 2 hours straight...it was pretty amazing. :)  I woke up not knowing where I was.  That was the most sleep I had in 48 hours.
So we were finally discharged and brought her home on Tuesday the 21st around 1:00..

Dinner with the family the night before..



Checked into the hospital...2:00am and

Checking in!

My last pregnant picture....EVER.... :(


This nurse scared me :)


Heath thinks its funny to start setting up Woody and Latso all over the room to remind us of Tyler :)





Watching the sunrise



Overtired is an UNDER statement :)










All ready for baby!





My famous 'birth toes' (if you haven't read Tyler's birth story, you must read to hear all about the 'toes')


Erynn and mom...patiently waiting...for hours and hours


with Aunt Donna :)



Brielle Kamryn!




Dada admiring her :)




Dr. Ileck and the baby nurse Corey :)


Our first picture after shedding many tears :)


Our amazing nurse Ashley!


First visitors Grandma and Papa!



Tyler meeting baby sister for the first time!


Counting her fingers and toes with Nurse Ashley




Thanks for hangin' in there for hours with me BFF :)


Proud Dada


Nana...and me in the background with my in-n-out! :) ha


Sooo excited :)


The fam


Kaelin and baby Reid in her belly :)


Brandon


Erynn


Cousin Jagger and Auntie Kim



Amanda


The Thomas Family





Half of the Currie family and Great Grandma



Her first bath!



Here come the pics!














Big brother is jealous..he didn't have this much hair until he was 2!







Seeing big brother again!  Time for kisses!



Thumbs up mommy! I love baby sister!




This picture below is getting framed....my favorite picture EVER!!!!



My mom and stepdad






Grandpa Al and Nana




Watching Toy Story





He was pretty stoked on Brielle :)



Tiana (Tati) hehe with Brielle :)



Brandon and Kaelin are the best..first they bring me in-n-out...then THIS! Heaven :)


Thank goodness for Facetime...we got to see our little man before bed :)


My first headband! From Kaelin and Brandon :)


Time to go home! 





Our view from this room



Bye bye Hoag...I don't think we will ever be back! :)
This is where we spent our first nights with Brielle :)


Where she slept 









Not a fan of the carseat






...first stop was Chick-Fil-A...yup her first place ever...(drive thru) she loved it...haha...


We feel soooo blessed and so complete with this little princess...she is just simply perfect...blow-outs and all (as I typed perfect she laid next to me and had one...awesome!) :)

9 comments:

DaBabies Momma said...

Oh momma! Congrats - AGAIN! She is just beautiful and you are glowing! I can't wait to meet her and see you guys! I'll bring you IN n Out!

Brandi said...

Congrats!!!! What beautiful pics!!!!! Makes me want another!!!! So sweet!!

Cathleen said...

She is beautiful and you look amazing!

MrsKBJ said...

Awe so cute! Congrats again! I love the toes! :) I also love your flower dress and chick fil a! I have never had in and out, but I have heard they are yummy! You have the perfect family of 4. Tyler is going to be an awesome big brother. Thanks for sharing your birth story!
Kelly

Jamie B said...

Awwww, tears!!! Cingratulations again so happy for the 4 of you! Love all your pics

Courtney said...

She is SO cute! Congrats again!

tuttibeauty said...

awwww she is just beautiful and her big brother looks sooo happy to have a little sister! <3

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! You have such a beautiful family! I found your blog through a link on Erynn's blog through a link on a NJ's Mom blog that I read. I have never commented before but wanted to say Congratulations!

Dabalack Family said...

Welcome to the world Brielle. So many people love and adore you!! Just look at how busy your room was. Congrats Michelle what a fantastic momma you are. Big Hugs!!! Love ya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails