3.02.2012

her first week at home...

I forget how much these babies change by the day....I tell you she looks like a completely different baby today than she did yesterday! She is SUCH a good baby..she sleeps a.lot.  I have to wake her up at night to feed her...shoot, I have to wake her up during the day to eat too...I think I have heard her cry 3 times since we have been home.  She was SO active in my belly, I was convinced she was going to come out walking, kicking and screaming...but she is the most calm baby...I say this now ::as I knock on wood:: and watch next week she will be a total different baby.  I am already prepared for it :)  So far so good...we are sleeping, setting an alarm every 3 hours to eat at night, I have to tickle her to keep her awake to eat even...this girl can really sleep!  She is usually awake during the day for an hour from 12-1ish and in the late afternoon for an hour...
Tyler is being such a great big brother...he asks where she is all the time (if she isn't in my arms) and loves to give her kisses on her head...there have been some ocasional times he has wanted me to 'hold him' which for those of you that know Tyler...know he is no cuddler...I can't say I am sad he wants to cuddle...I am eating it all up.
A couple of things we did that I feel helped make the transition less painful (for those of you that might want some for the future)...I am no expert, but these are just some things that worked for us! :)
1. I rented a ton of Big Brother or Bringing Baby Home from the library and received some as gifts...we read them every night for about a month before baby
2. I always called the baby Tyler's Baby not ever mommy or dada's baby (as recommended by our pediatrician)
3. The day we got home from the hospital and my mom brought Tyler home, I timed it to where I would feed her right before he got there and then for the next 2 hours I just had mommy and Tyler time, we watched a movie, played cars and just hung out the two of us while she slept.
4. There are a lot of times we have to say 'just a second Tyler I am feeding baby sister, or I am changing her or holding her,' so when I am free I make it a point to say 'hold on baby sister I have to help Tyler,' or if I get him a special snack, I say 'Brielle, you can't have this, this is only for big brother.'  He likes that its not always 'hold on Tyler' We are trying to make it as even as possible.  It is sometimes really hard to remember but it's a work in progress and seems to be helping.
5. We haven't changed our nighttime routine with Tyler..every night after his bath we have family time in his room for 30-45 minutes.  Heath plays hockey with him, cars, basketball, etc.  Then him or I will read Tyler a book or two and put him to bed together...this hasn't changed, just now baby sister joins us.  :)
6. We gave him a couple presents from baby sister in the hospital and when we got home and every time he plays with it I ask him where he got the present and he says 'from my baby sister!'
7. I am always telling him baby sister loves him...as much as I used to tell him (like 100 times a day) that I loved him...haha....now half of that time I am saying 'baby sister has a secret...she told me she loves you sooo much, etc'
8. He loves to help, so I let him help me get diapers, throw them away, hold baby sisters hand while I do something, 'watch her,' count her fingers with me, etc.

Anyway...I just wanted to share those tips, not sure if one or all of them are working or doing the trick, but things seem to be going pretty well so far!  This was definitely the hardest part for me in this whole 'bringing a new baby home' I had major mom guilt, which I wrote about a week before I went to the hospital..I will post that later...

Not much else to post on this little lady since she sure does spend a lot of time with her eyes closed :)  As for me, I am feeling pretty good, have been having sharp contractions and some pain in my uterus which I don't remember with Tyler, but other than that recovering quicker this time around I think.   We even made it out to the park when she was only 4 days old...felt good to get out of the house and get some fresh air :)

More pictures of our little princess...


Tyler wanted her to play cars with him










Park day with big brother...4 days old


The day we came home from the hospital Brielle was a popular girl!

Playing with Reese and cousin Alyssa


Gus and Adam


Aunt Tammy, who lives in Dallas just happened to have a layover in LA!  Such a great surprise!


Erynn and Janelle



little dancers



Uncle Rick


The next day Nicole came to visit...and her baby in her belly...due any day now!!





Tiffany came to see baby girl too!











I had to sneak some in of my little man in the bath the other night...crazy kiddo :)



My two babes



Nana and her two grandbabies!










Pretty girl with her bow from Tati







2 comments:

Dabalack Family said...

Sooo happy for you and the family. She is just beautiful and I am so glad she is sleeping well.I love the pictures of your mom and the kids, she looks so happy!!! Big hugs to you and your wonderful family!! PS Abby is sitting here with my while looking at this post and said, mom is that Tyler, who is that little girl with him. I replied, his new sister. She said ahhhhh he has such a beautiful sister. It was very sweet. Lov you guys!!

Mrs Montoya said...

she is SUPER sweet and precious and I'm so happy that it's an easy transition for you (so far - wink!!) The photo of Heath with her is precious and she looks a lot like him in some of her photos. I love keeping up with your family. Thanks for posting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails