8.26.2011

wow...

I couldn't sleep last night.  I am still in total shock.  I am beyond excited to bring a little girl into this world and I have to admit a little scared too!  For the past 2 1/2 years my whole life has revolved around a boy...I know all about trains, trucks, baseball, football, hockey, Toy Story and dirt bikes.  I feel beyond blessed to have a healthy little baby growing inside me and even more blessed I will get to experience raising a princess too.  We are truly living our dream and I don't know how I am going to make it 6 more months, we are just so excited.  It's funny, about 5 minutes after we found out yesterday a huge cloud of guilt came over me.  Guilt for Tyler.  It finally hit me that I am going to have to share my time and love with another little person.  I know this is normal but for some reason it all become real yesterday and hit me hard.  I know people do it everyday and it will be fine, I just want to soak up the next 6 months with Tyler, being an only child and make the most of it.

Heath is pretty excited too, one of the first things he said was he is going to the gun store tomorrow to stock up.  He told us how he is going to have a display case by the front door.  I love it...protective dad.  That little girl is going to have dada wrapped around her little finger and I can't wait to watch. :)  I keep thinking of the future....like getting manicures and pedicures together....shopping dates...planning her wedding...oh boy...stop me now.  The excitement is taking over :)

So for those of you out there with girls...help me out with some websites to shop!  Bows, dresses, ribbons, you name it....I need all of the help I can get! :)  Let the fun begin :)

10 comments:

Jamie B said...

Awwww, you just made me get all teary. :) So excited for you!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your little princess!

DaBabies Momma said...

I'm all choked up... I have to tell you that all of my life I always pictured myself with boy and even wanted boys anytime people would ask me. But now that Victoria is here - it's amazing. Having one of each is the best gift ever. It is so much fun!! And you are right - she will have Heath wrapped around her little finger and you will at times be sick to see how she will rule (in a good way of course). I unfortunately don't have many tips since they came so early, I never really got a chance to shop and really go nuts. I'm just now starting to do that... i'll email you some sites I love...
I am so happy for you guys and I look forward to many playdate with our little princesses. And Janets too... Woohoo....

AmandaC said...

Definitely had tears dripping while reading this at work! Ooops...I am so so so excited! Love you guys!

KK said...

So sweet! Not gonna lie..it's pretty tough to feel the guilt once you bring another baby home. It'll all be worth it though! Promise!
For the fun bows & ribbons, I like this place...http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/
Cute stuff at great prices! Have fun!

Cathleen said...

Can't help with any bows or tutu's. Congrats on the bundle of pink who will be joining you three..and you will do just great and before you know it you will have all the knowledge of Barbies, Princesses and Dolls down too.

Lucky little lady to join such a great family!

Life In Japan said...

My suggestion is to not go looking for anything because it all piles up and you won't be able to stop. I swear things pop out at you everywhere you go. I hope we have another girl just so I can use all of the stuff that Tessa had. I still have things with tags on them or things she only wore once because it is way too FUN to shop for girls. Nothing like boys at all. And for bows and clips... I will teach you how to make them. Super easy and fun! And you can always have one to match any outfit you want :) It really is fun having a boy and a girl. You guys are going to love it!!!

Kelly Saint-Onge said...

Hi Michelle, this is Kelly (Taylor's mom) from our old 2009 OC babies mom's group. I just checked your blog and wanted to say Congratulations! You are going to love having a girl. They are definitely expensive but so much fun to shop for and dress. I'm actually pregnant too and due March 9th(we don't know the gender yet). Maybe our second ones will end up one day apart like Tyler and Taylor did! Hope you are feeling better and that the rest of your pregnancy will be easy!

Glenda said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you, Heath and Tyler. I have a son and daughter 3 years apart. They are so very close. He is very over protective of his sister. Your heart grows with so much love to share with both. My daughter has her daddy wrapped around her lil finger. Having a daughter is like being a girl all over. So much fun. Shopping. Mani/pedi's. Enjoy! Hope it's smooth sailing until delivery.

The Waltenburgs said...

SO EXCITING!!!! Yeah, Heath's gonna turn to mush for sure. He doesn't stand a chance!

Hilary said...

I'm late to this but congrats on the little girl - what an exciting time in your lives! Enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails