It is probably one of the most frustrating things I have done...you would think we would be pros by now since we have owned two homes....but the market these days is WAY different than when we bought our other houses...So we sold our house last May and moved in with my in-laws while we house hunted. It actually has been awesome living here, but we have been looking for a house for almost a year...that's the frustrating part. We have been spoiled, especially with my Father in Law being retired now for a couple of months...he loves to take walks with Tyler to the park and around the neighborhood a couple times a week = free time for mommy and Brielle!
Yes, we are picky, but we have have recently found some we love and have now made 4 offers on 4 different houses...only to be outbid by these stupid investors who come in with all cash. If you were selling your HOME that you have lived in and loved for years wouldn't you want it to go to a family vs. an investor??? One of the homes we 'lost out on' went to an investor who had a LOWER offer than us but all cash...so what does it matter if you have all cash or not...either way the bank is going to get the same amount of money right?? Ugh...anyway...and the worst part about it is most of them are short sales...so ultimately to be fair the first person who makes an offer should be the one they take to the bank to approve...now days they are waiting and letting the seller choose AND even counter...even though 'techincally' they aren't the ones selling the house...the bank is.
So the first house we made an offer in on we were a day late...the sellers realtor took the first offer and submitted to the bank...those people made an offer the DAY it went on the market...we did a day after...still waiting on that one as a back up.
Anyway....sorry about the rant, but now today we are anxiously awaiting yet another response from a seller tonight...I LOVE this house...it went on the market Saturday, we looked at it and made an offer Sunday (You have to work REALLY quick these days)...we were the FIRST offer...then the realtor says this afternoon that they received 2 other offers today and will be going over them with the seller tonight...WHAT?! Ugh...
I am REALLY trying to be patient but it's really frustrating when these 'all cash' investors are beating us families out of a home, and not even because they are offering more!...I told Heath I wish we could meet the sellers and have them 'interview' us...haha I mean think about it...you have lived next to your neighbors for 10-20 years and now you are leaving, wouldn't you want to be nice and be able to pick who they will be living next to now and who will be taking care of your home??
It's been a long day...and it's only 1:00...Tyler is acting out again today..funny how he is great all weekend and then come Monday he turns into a crazy child who thinks it's funny to all of the sudden start going potty in his pants and laughing at mommy when she tries to put him in time out...yeah it's been that awesome of a day...let's hope my mood changes tonight when we hear back on who the sellers decided to go with! We have a 1/3 chance...awesome...with my luck these days it might as well be 1/1,000,000,000 chance.
So if you read this today...please say lots of prayers for us and wish us luck...we should hear by tonight or tomorrow if we were 'picked.' ugh...
Thankfully she's been a good girl today...and I still have lots to smile about...just love that face...
5 comments:
Oh man....that's so stressful. And I agree with you 100%...unfortunately this market is one that just lends itself to crazy shenanigans. Sending you tons of prayers and positive thoughts for good news!!
Good Luck! I feel your pain :)I feel like we got really lucky with ours. Let me know tonight! There is a house in our neighborhood for sale...we could be neighbors! Love you cousins!
Amanda
Wow... good luck with the house! The right one will come and it'll all work out. I completely understand your frustration - we, too, purchased a short sale. It was a bidding war and a longggg process but so worth it in the end! ..I'm crossing my fingers for ya! [And good thing you get along with your in-laws so well...I can't imagine ;)]
fingers crossed for you.
Hi,
Always read your blog-but never commented.
I've been a Realtor for 13 year now. My recommendation- Write the seller a letter with photos of you and your family and what you love about the house. That will help!
Best of luck and you have a beautiful family!
Aimee
Post a Comment